Tillingham Pre-school is an established community pre-school that has been running since 1963 and serves the rural village of Tillingham and its surrounding areas.
Tillingham Pre School Prospectus Waiting List Application SEF 2020
The aim of the pre-school is to provide good quality childcare and education for all. To promote a safe, caring, stimulating, learning environment where children can flourish and grow in their key developmental areas and be able to approach formal schooling as happy, confident, secure children, ready to face new challenges.
- Tillingham Pre-school will promote good health through physical exercise and healthy snacks. Encouraging children to use their body effectively and by training in personal hygiene.
- Parents/carers are involved as partners with mutual responsibility for their children’s education.
- Communication and links to be established between parents/carers, Tillingham Pre-school, local schools and outside agencies when applicable.
- Tillingham Pre-school is an Equal Opportunities pre-school.
- Parents/carers are encouraged to take a role in the pre-school either through helping during sessions or on the managing body.
- Children are encouraged to make their own choices and are given opportunity for free expression.
- Children are provided with a variety of materials or promote curiosity and experimentation.
- Children are encouraged to respect one another’s differences, to understand that despite these differences each is unique and important.
- Children are encouraged to express their feelings in an appropriate manner.
- A sense of responsibility is fostered by giving the child responsibility.
- Self-esteem is promoted by setting the children achievable challenges.
- To create a happy environment where children will be keen and eager to learn.
- Each session will provide learning experiences in the six developmental areas as defined in the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Guidance
- Each session will have different equipment so that children who come to all sessions meet different challenges.
- The session will cater and be suitable for all age ranges and the curriculum structured accordingly.
- Provision is made for all children with learning or physical difficulties to participate in the daily activities.
- To ensure that fees are kept low by regular fund raising thus making Tillingham Pre-school available to all.
- To ease the transition into formal schooling by promoting visits and links with the catchment schools.
- To promote good working practice for staff and children.
- That staff are aware they are role models for the children and act accordingly.
- To encourage staff development through training.
- To always understand that the “Children come first” with us.
- Most importantly to promote learning through play.